Monday, August 7, 2017

Russia Views

I've been doing this blog for several years now, and have notices something new and interesting in my stats. I can see how many views I have total, and by the day. I can also see where viewers are connecting from.

I've always had a diverse readership, and it's always changed month to month. But this is what I saw when I took a look today:
The statistics report says I had 46 views today. OK, that's great. I haven't posted in a few weeks so that is a little odd, but ok. The next block says I had 44 page views from Russia!
Now that is a unique situation. I've had one or two Russian views every now and then, but 44?!?! I don't know anyone in Russia. I have only met one true-life Russian that I'm aware of, and that was here in the UAE one day in the cafeteria at lunch - pure coincidence.

So how do I have 44 Russian views today? I have one or two thoughts. Anybody else got any suggestions, comments, or explanations? I'd love to hear them!

[HEY! Russian hackers! Nothing to see here! True, I don't like Trump and I've said so, but no need to be alarmed or interfere!! Dos Vedanya!]

1 comment:

  1. Your blog could have received spam traffic. Look to see if the Russian traffic only had a few seconds on your site. If you had a multi page website I would have you look at your bounce rate as well but a single page site usually shows a 100% bounce rate.

    ReplyDelete