Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cold, Ankle, Scooter

It's late, but I want to just add a quick note that my cold is almost all gone - a little residual drainage that makes me cough every once in a while, but 95% better - yaay!

Likewise, my ankle is doing well. I got up Friday morning and it worked, and I proceeded to go about my day - a little slower than usual, but just fine. Went to Khobar to find the locksmith but apparently all the skilled trade shops close on Friday - just like on Sunday at home. But I had a nice trip, navigated myself around and made it back safely.

So today I went back, found the locksmith, and he fixed my lock! Turns out the guy I bought it from just flat out lied to me when he told me he hadn't tried to jimmy the lock (which it turns out he'd told other people a different story). The truth came out when the locksmith got it apart and showed me the damage done inside. But he repaired it and made me a new key for much less than it would have cost to just have the lock fixed at home.

By the time I got back, though, it was dark and I was tired. It had been a hot day with a strong wind bringing in a lot of dust. Tomorrow after work I'll reassemble lock and switch and covers on the scooter and see if I can get it to start!

Here's today's temperature - yes, that shows a high of 113 F at 2 pm. Luckily I didn't leave work til 4 pm when it had cooled off to a much nicer 108!!


No comments:

Post a Comment