Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A meal just like home!

This won't be long, but would love to share it, and several pictures. I went to the mall today to find some good sandals. I found them at the Ecco store in the Mall of Dhahran and I look forward to wearing them out. Then I went for a stroll to find some lunch. Lots of food available in this place, which is like walking around inside a giant donut - shops all the way around, and an amusement park in the center!

So I found a great place which was also a favorite at home, and it was a terrific meal! Tasted just like home, which is the first time I can say that here!!  The spicy chicken and fries were perfect. The biscuit looked a little odd but tasted great. The only "wrong" part was drinking a diet Pepsi, because they were out of water.

So thanks Popeye's, I really enjoyed it!! I ate too much, and nutritionally it was probably the worse meal I've had in the last three months, AND it was the first soft drink I've had in that time. But it was soooo good!!  :)  All together I walked around the mall twice, which is a pretty good distance. I rewarded myself with a nice dessert, after bypassing multiple donut shops, three or four Cinnabon stores, pastry shops, and a dozen coffee shops with pastries, and had a delightful gelato (and no, the servers didn't look or sound Italian!!).

A few weeks ago I took some shots on my trip to Bahrain and haven't had a chance to load them, so I'm gonna toss them in here now.The first shot is of what I am told is the Bahrain World Trade Center, and yes there are three propellers between the towers! They are wind turbines that apparently aren't very productive because the building does not align with the prevailing wind.  Still, a very striking structure - would love to get a closer view!
 This was the view from my hotel, of the Prime Minister's palace. This place was several city blocks in size, beautifully landscaped and immaculately maintained.  If I'm ever Prime Minister I want one just like it!
 In the City Centre Mall in Bahrain they had, as always, some cool places to eat. This is a family favorite at home, so I thought my ladies would get a kick out of this! (no, didn't eat there; maybe next time!)
 This is purely for fun and extravagance. A Ferrari Store. If you click on the picture to see it larger, you will see a Formula 1 race car on the right side, and it looked and smelled like the real thing. There's just something cool about having a race car in your foyer, don't you think?





1 comment:

  1. I don't even have a P.F. Chang's here in Montreal! Neat finds, great pics!

    ReplyDelete